Carry everything you need for a day at the campsite or cabin with our rugged, high-capacity camp backpacks. Durable and comfortable for hauling gear.
Great for day hikes and keeping essentials close at the campground.
- Capacities from 20-35L for necessities like water, lunch, layers.
- Suspension systems with padded shoulder straps for comfort.
- Attachment points to carry trekking poles, ice axes.
Haul clothing, food, and overnight gear on short camping trips.
- Around 40-60L capacity for overnight essentials.
- Removable lid converts to daypack.
- External attachment points for tent poles, sleeping pads.
Built for 2-5 day camping and trekking excursions.
- 60-80L capacity for extended trips.
- Robust suspension systems for heavy loads.
- Multiple compartments and pockets organize gear.
Rolling packs for effortless transport around camp.
- Telescoping handles and smooth-rolling wheels.
- Integrated shoulder straps for lifting up stairs.
- From 80-150L capacity for family camping.
Customize and protect your pack.
- Pack Covers: Waterproof nylon covers shield pack from rain
- Compression Straps: Cinch down loads and stabilize unwieldy items.
- Hydration Reservoirs: Internal water bladders keep you hydrated on the go.
- Carry Pouches/Straps: Secure bulky items like sleeping pads.
How to Choose a Camp Backpack
Keep these tips in mind when selecting a camping backpack:
- Intended Use: Daypacks for quick hikes. Larger packs for overnights and multi-day trips. Wheeled for wide-open campsites.
- Fit: Try packs on with weight to ensure comfort. Look for adjustable torso, sternum straps.
- Capacity: Estimate volume needed for your typical gear and add a bit more room.
- Organization: Camping-specific packs have sleeping bag compartments, top lids, and pockets to separate gear.
- Materials: Durable ripstop nylon stands up to scrapes and abrasion from gear inside.
- Frame Type: Internal frames are comfortable for long carry. External frames ventilate your back.
- Ventilation: Mesh back panels and shoulder straps prevent sweaty backs. Important for hikes.
- Hydration Compatible: Most packs have a dedicated slot for a hydration reservoir. External access enables refills.
- Compression and Lash Points: Cinch down loads and strap on bulky items like tents or sleeping pads.
- Access: Panels with zippered access to the main compartment and pockets.
Top Camping Backpack Brands
Shop Osprey, Deuter, Gregory, REI Co-op and more leading brands. Our camping experts help select the ideal backpack and accessories for your adventures. Let us help you find the perfect camping backpack and gear hauler.