Items 1-24 of 56
Stay warm and cozy on your camping trips with our wide selection of sleeping bags. Top brands and designs for car camping, cabin getaways and more.
Types of Sleeping Bags
- Mummy Bags: Tapered cut is thermally efficient for cold weather camping. Integrated hood seals in warmth.
- Rectangular Bags: Roomy design allows free movement for sleeping in warm weather. Can unzip and open fully into a blanket.
- Double Sleeping Bag: Oversized bags provide extra room for couples. Some have dual zippers for individual adjustability.
- Kids’ Sleeping Bags: Designed for children's shorter stature and lower temperature comfort needs. Fun colors and prints.
-Bag Liners: Add a liner inside your sleeping bag for extra warmth and easier cleaning.
Choose a bag appropriate for the coldest nighttime temps expected.
- Summer Season: +35°F and above for summer camping in warm conditions.
- 3-Season: +10° to +35°F for spring through fall camping. Offers versatility.
- Winter/Cold Weather: -10° to +10°F for camping in colder temps like winter trips or high elevations.
Different insulation types suit different camping needs.
- Synthetic: Affordable and still insulating when wet. Polyester is a common synthetic fill.
- Down: Premium warmth-to-weight ratio. Get high fill power 650+ for colder weather.
- Down Alternatives: Provide lightweight warmth without using animal down.
Speciality Sleeping Bag Features
- Draft collars and draft tubes minimize heat loss around the head and zipper.
- Hoods cinch down to seal in warmth on cold nights.
- Zipper styles: Determine how bag can be zipped open. Look for anti-snag zippers.
- Pads loops secure your sleeping pad in place inside the bag.
- Storage bags protect the bag between uses. Look for compression stuff sacks.
How to Shop for Sleeping Bags
- Consider the expected weather and temperatures where you'll use the bag.
- Choose a design suited for the type of camping: mummy for backpacking, rectangular for car camping.
- Make sure there's enough room for your height and sleeping preferences.
- Higher fill power down provides more insulation value for the weight.
- Try out bags in-store with your sleep pad to assess comfort and fit.
Top Sleeping Bag Brands
Trusted brands like REI Co-op, NEMO, Marmot, Kelty and more. Our camping experts help you find the ideal sleeping bag for any outdoor adventure. Get a great night's sleep under the stars with a top-rated sleeping bag.